Honey Soy Salmon

10:26 AM


Salmon is my favorite type of fish. It's a great source of vitamins and proteins, and it's super tasty. My fridge is almost always fully stocked with salmon. There are various ways that I like to cook my salmon, and today, I'm going to share with you one of my favorite recipes.




This salmon is coated in a sticky, flavorful glaze that will keep you wanting more. If you're not a fish lover, I can assure you that this recipe will change your mind. One of my best friends, Adri, came over to my apartment for dinner. I served up some of my salmon for dinner and she instantly fell in love. She shared with me that she doesn't typically like eating salmon, but the way I prepared mine made her more open to eating this delicious fish. Let's get cooking so that I can show you how to make this healthy salmon dish that is bound to change the minds of the pickiest of eaters! 

Honey Soy Salmon 
Yield: 1 serving 

Ingredients
1 salmon fillet
Olive oil; for cooking
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp soy sauce 
2 tbsp honey 
Sesame seeds; garnish 
Green onion or cilantro; garnish 
Brown rice; serving 
Spring mix; serving 

Instructions 
  1. Lightly coat a non-stick frying pan with olive oil. Turn your stove to medium-high heat and warm up the pan. 
  2. Lightly season the salmon fillet with salt and pepper. 
  3. Place the salmon in the frying pan, skin down. If you opted for no skin on your salmon, you can fry on any side. 
  4. Cook for roughly five minutes on one side. Afterwards, flip it onto its other side and cook for an additional two minutes. Since each salmon fillet can be cut differently, I suggest gauging how long you cook your fish based on its color. If it has a golden color all throughout, then you know it's done. If your fish is still pink after the suggested cooking time, cook your salmon for a longer period of time. 
  5. Remove the salmon from the pan once you have finished cooking. 
  6. Leave the remaining oil in the pan on medium heat. Add the honey and soy sauce into the pan. Stir and cook for a few minutes until it reaches a thick, glaze-like consistency. Taste and adjust the flavors to your liking. If you feel that it's too sweet, add more soy sauce. If you feel that it's too salty, add more honey. The longer you cook the sauce, the thicker the glaze is going to be. Depending on how viscous you want your sauce to be, adjust the cooking time accordingly. Beware, honey burns! So make sure not to leave it on the heat for too long. 
  7. Remove the pan from the heat. Place the cooked salmon back into the pan with the sauce and coat it. Spoon the sauce all over the salmon so that it's drenched in all of that sticky goodness! 
  8. I like to serve my salmon with some brown rice and spring mix. Place your glazed salmon on top of the rice, and pour the remaining sauce on top of the salmon. It should seep into your spring mix and brown rice, adding more flavor to your dish! 
  9. Garnish your salmon with some sesame seeds and green onion or cilantro. Serve and enjoy :) 
Good Luck,
Em


You Might Also Like

0 comments